trying something new thursday

Hope you had a great Thursday. We're almost there... one more day!!! This weekend I am going to try something new..

Kale.

After seeing it in Earthfare, hearing about it on Modern Family, watching a coworker eat it frequently, and having my mama tell me about it I've decided to try it. I found a list of the benefits kale has and here are a few:

-Risk-lowering benefits for cancer
-Cholesterol lowering
-Detoxification and digestive benefits

I found this recipe on a blog I read every now and then for baked kale chips. YUM! A healthy snack!



Delighted Momma gives the following directions for baking kale chips!

-Wash and dry Kale
-Remove the stem from the kale
-Rip them into chip sizes
-Spray olive or coconut oil on them
-Sprinkle with sea salt and whatever seasoning you like
-Bake for 15 min at 300 degrees

I am going to try these this weekend and see how they are! I will let you know! Please comment if you have any good recipes for kale!

1 comment:

  1. Sauteed kale is very good too! Get a package of fresh kale, three tablespoons of olive oil, two cloves of garlic, half cup of vegetable stock, two tablespoons of red wine vinegar and salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in sauce pan over medium heat; add garlic and simmer; add stock and kale and toss to combine; cover and cook for five minutes; remove cover and continue to cook--stir until all the liquid has evaporated; season with salt and pepper and add vinegar. Serve warm. Simple and great!

    ReplyDelete

Image Map