prom?

Sometimes you just have those moments in the classroom that are priceless.
And sometimes you have those students in your class that are sweet and hilarious.
And sometimes they make you laugh until you cry.

Last Friday was like any day.  I walked into my 4th period to start class by asking the students to put away their things and get ready for a quiz.
Then I asked if anyone had any questions before we started....

The entire class was silent.
Apparently, before I entered the room their was a class meeting.
Then one hand went into the air.
As he started to ask his question, he pulled a single rose wrapped in baby's breath out of his desk and said: "Mrs. Dove, will you go to prom with me?"

I mean... it was sweet.
And it made my day.
This was one of those times I laughed so hard I cried.

Unfortunately for him, I had to say no.
He's a freshman anyway :)

1 comment:

Image Map