parmesan-peppercorn wedge salad

I guess you could say I'm officially on a salad kick!  Currently, we have two heads of lettuce, and two different bags of lettuce in our refrigerator.  David doesn't seem to mind all of the greenery on his plate, especially because I have been making my own dressings!  I'm sure most people would agree with me, homemade dressing always tastes better!  Plus you have the added benefit of knowing exactly what is in it!  At the end of the week, I will have made four homemade dressings to share with you, and I'm really excited about it!  Anyone who knows me can tell you, I'm really picky about salad and generally have to be in the mood to eat it.  However, I have recently come to love it.  
Last week, I bought pecans, walnuts, slivered almonds, pumpkin seeds, feta, gorgonzola, and dried berries.  I also got a bottle of balsamic vinaigrette--just incase I didn't have any homemade on hand.  We already had a few other salad toppings in the refrigerator.  I thought it would be easier to eat salad if they tasted GOOD.  So to motivate myself, I invested in an assortment of salad toppings.  So far, we've had a few greek salads and salads with gorgonzola and bacon vinaigrette.  But last night we added to our salad rotation--and it's a definite keeper!
I knew I wanted to make a wedge salad to go with some leftover cauliflower soup.  I found an article by Bon Appetit magazine that really helped me decide what to do.  I found myself googling peppercorn salad dressings, because I really love peppercorn flavored foods and came across one I really liked.  I had to make some adjustments, for my personal tastes.  But, a huge thank you to Simply Scratch for introducing me to this dressing!
Parmesan-Peppercorn Wedge Salad

For Dressing:
2 minced garlic cloves
3 tbsp white wine vinegar
3 tbsp parmesan cheese
6 tbsp mayonnaise or sour cream (I used a olive oil based mayo)
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 + 1/8 tsp ground peppercorn

For Salad:
1 head of lettuce
Crumbled bacon
Chopped tomato
Croutons
For the dressing: Mix the dry ingredients together first, then whisk in the vinegar and mayo.  Refrigerate before topping your salad.
For the salad: Slice the stem off your head of lettuce and divide it into 4 parts.  Drizzle dressing on and add additional toppings.





No comments:

Image Map