Kicking Into High Gear

I hate to say it, but summer is coming to an end for me :(  While we have had several volleyball tournaments the last two weeks, next week we begin tryouts!  Summer has gone by crazy fast! So I have already begun putting some of the new ideas I've had for my classroom into action!  I got a lot of my ideas from Pinterest.  Most of them are directed at elementary aged kids, however, I have found it very easy to translate them into high school activities.  Even if it is just a warm up!  Here are a few of the things I'm getting ready to put into action!

http://whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com
First, I found this "Mystery Motivator" on Pinterest!  What a great idea!  A little Wheel of Fortune game that can last all period!  Of course in my class I could have 'popular sovereignty' or 'rule of law' as the mystery!

Interactive Synonym Word Wall. Could use in a writing center too.

Then I saw this picture!  They are using it to teach younger children what synonyms are, but I've been trying to think of a way I can use it in my classroom.  My students LOVE, I mean seriously LOVE McDonalds, and I think that this would just hit home with them!

Pinned Image 




I'm all about using what you already have!  What a great idea for creating ready to use stations!  You put everything your students will need in a container and its all ready to go.  I've used folders and paper clips in the past, but I always seem to lose stuff!  What a creative way to cost effectively create stations!

students sign out when they leave the classroom

If I had to pick a weakness in the classroom, it would definitely be keeping up with who is in the bathroom, media center, front office, etc.  Now don't get me wrong, I do know who I'm letting out of the room, it's the remembering who is out and when.  

So when I saw this on Pinterest, I knew I was going to have to make one!  Not only will they need a pass out of my room, but they will sign the board.  For example, if someone goes to the bathroom and I make groups before they are back, I can remember who is out and make sure I include them as well! 






I recently found these cute bins while wondering around the Container Store.  I had been looking for something just like these!  I've decided to get two in each color, except white.  One for each class period to turn in work.  One for each class periods composition note books.  One for make-up work.  And lastly, one for extension activities.

Teachers! You can sign up with the Container Store's teacher program and get 10% off your first purchase!


I'm really excited about this coming year! I have a lot of new activities up my sleeve and I can't wait to see how they turn out!  I will keep you posted :)  Please let me know if you have any unique ideas.  Or if you found something cool on Pinterest too!  I am always willing to try new things!

No comments:

Image Map