my mama is awesome :)

My mama is super awesome.  For a lot of reasons. I don't talk about her enough on my blog.
I was feeling a little homesick today after seeing my parents for just a short time yesterday.
David and I took care of Charley while they went to the UGA game.  She was so precious and sweet. It was really fun!

Today, I forgot to get cauliflower at the grocery store and I had this weird feeling I was supposed to go to Walmart to get it.  I was just walking around (with no particular plan in mind and FOUR bags of frozen cauli).  I had thought about getting a pumpkin to sit out for the fall season.  I was thinking about this pretty glass pumpkin my mama always puts out.  She keeps candy corn in it all season.

Just as I had this thought, I turned around and saw one that looked just like hers!  It was only $5, so needless-to-say it now sits on my dining room table with candy corn in it.  While I can't eat it, I know David will enjoy it.  And my homesickness has subsided, because now I have a piece of home here :)
I've been using my crockpot a lot lately.  My amazing mama suggested a recipe she found for Balsamic Chicken.  Yesterday I prepared it, and today we ate it.  AMAZING.  I'm seriously in love!
Let me tell you, my mama knows everything.
I put this yummy meal on before Church and it was ready when we got home!

Inside this pot you will find:
6 pieces of chicken breast (uncooked)
1 tsp Rosemary, Oregano, Basil
1/2 tsp Thyme
4 garlic cloves
1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp Oil
1 can of diced tomatoes (I used fire-roasted)
1 onion (sliced, not diced)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Only 4 hours on high!
This is what the chicken looked like plated.  We had mashed cauli and black eyed peas with it!  This recipe was super easy and so good!  We absolutely loved it.


Way to go mama!  Thank you for an amazing recommendation!

I hope you had a great weekend!

No comments:

Image Map