egg salad sammie

Happy Easter!! I hope you are having a wonderful day!
We have spent the day honoring our Lord and Savior, spending time with family, playing with the pup, and napping :)  It has been really great!

David and I boiled a dozen eggs and dyed them last night in honor of Easter.  It was really fun and has provided for a week's worth of yummy egg salad!  While I enjoy it by itself, I have been buying Sugar Free Whole Wheat Premium Bread for David at Kroger for his sandwiches.
I always start a new semester with my favorite get to know you game.  It's derived from something we did when I interned at the UGA Wesley Foundation.  It's quick, fun, and I don't lose much instructional time doing it. I call it "Hot Seat." I usually spend about the last 5 minutes of class playing it with the students until we've been through everyone (about a week).  Each student is asked three questions.  I always ask the first one and allow other students to come up with the others.  And these questions are usually silly.  Most famously, I ask "How do you like your eggs?"  The kids always think this is funny, but I'm really asking!  I love eggs! Weird, I know!

However, getting back to the basics of egg usage is egg salad!
And I LOVE egg salad!  I fell in love with it as a kid and it's never changed.
It's so easy to make and high in protein.

Easy Egg Salad
1 serving

2 hard boiled eggs
1 tsp Light Hellman's Mayonnaise
1 tsp French's Spicy Brown Mustard
Spoonful of Vlasic Sweet Relish

I mash up the eggs and mix in the mayo and mustard.
I suggest using equal parts of both mayo and mustard to the consistency of your liking.  Start off just adding a little of both.
Mix in a small spoonful of sweet relish and refrigerate!

We enjoy it by itself, on a bed of lettuce, or on bread!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Image Map