Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash

When I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I knew we had to try it.  It looked so easy and good!
If there is one thing you should know about me, it is that I LOVE LOVE LOVE pasta!
I seriously have DREAMS about pasta!
But... I'm not supposed to eat it.

SO spaghetti squash is an awesome alternative to help me get my pasta fix!!
I made some changes to the recipe I found on The Comfort of Cooking to make this dish my own and it turned out really well!
This dish is husband approved!  He absolutely LOVED it!

Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
Servings: 2.5

Ingredients:
1 medium size spaghetti squash
1 large chicken breast (baked and shredded)
1 tbsp Parkay butter
4 garlic cloves
1 tbsp flour
1 1/2 cups skim milk
1 tbsp Philadelphia Fat Free cream cheese
1 cup freshly grated Sargento parmesan cheese (reserve some to sprinkle on top!)
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp ground pepper
1/8 tsp parsley

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Slice your spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds.
Place the cut side down on a baking sheet with a 1/4 inch of water.
Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, so that the inside of the squash is tender.
Once the squash is cooked, scrap the spaghetti out and into a bowl.

In a pot on the stove, melt the butter and stir in the garlic.  Let it simmer for a minute or two  Whisk in the flour and then milk.  Whisk continually so that there are no lumps.  Once it is smooth, stir in the parm, salt, pepper, parsley, and chicken.  Pour the hot mixture over the spaghetti and mix together carefully.

Pour mixture back into the two spaghetti squash halves.
Top with left over parm cheese.
Broil for 5-7 minutes until cheese on top bubbles and gets a little crust!

Serve out of the spaghetti squash shells and...
ENJOY!

I should also mention that I wrote this blog with Hazel laying across my chest, blocking my view and squeaking her toy.  She doesn't understand personal space well :) but she can multitask well!


No comments:

Image Map