cauliflower fritters

Last night was miserable.
Honestly, since we've had Hazel, she had not once kept us up at night.
She was a wonderful puppy,, and has graduated from sleeping in her kennel at night to sleeping peacefully in her bed next to my side of the room.

Well that was until last night, when she conveniently decided to keep me up.  She apparently decided she was going to sleep in our bed...in the middle of the night!  Around 1am she began jumping in, only to be abruptly kicked out.  Hazel even got so bold as to bring her bone into the bed around 2am when she was immediately put in her kennel in another room. She then whined and cried until 4am.  I couldn't take it anymore, so I took her outside, and when she came back in she RACED to the bed.  At this point she woke David up who firmly told her to get in her bed.  She obeyed and didn't move again until I had to get up at 5am.
Needless to say, it was a long day today.  But she has made up for her crazy night with lots of cuddles since I've been home from work. And napping.

Now that I have vented all about my sleepless night, let me tell you about something wonderful.  I talk about cauliflower a lot, and we frequently have it in different forms for dinner.  While scouring Pinterest for healthy recipes, I came across some cauliflower fritters.  They included bread crumbs, which I can't eat, so I just left them out and added a few other things!
They turned out so good!  Definitely a new addition to our rotating menu of side items.  To be honest, I was a little skeptical, but they were seriously delicious.
Cauliflower Fritters

1 bag frozen cauliflower
1 egg
1 egg white
1/4 tsp parsley
1/4 cup colby jack shredded cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together.  Heat up skillet and cover with cooking spray.  Make cauliflower patties and place in skillet.  Cook until each side browns.  About 3 minutes per side!

Serve warm and enjoy!

No comments:

Image Map