greek olive hummus

Today, I went to the grocery store.  This is a little unusual, because I normally go on Saturday or Sunday for the whole week.  And let me just tell you--I will not go back during the week ever again.  I will also not go back to that Kroger after the embarrassing display that was my toe getting run over by my OWN buggy.

It was traumatic.
And my pinky toe is swollen.
And now I'm icing my PINKY TOE.
It feels so silly, but I'm in SO much pain!
However, I had marinated chickpeas all day and the toe incident wasn't going to hold me back.  So glad I let myself forget about the pain for a few seconds and whipped up some yummy hummus.  It's amazing and your taste buds will be dancing!!
I also baked homemade pita chips for the hubby to enjoy with the hummus.  He loved them :)
Hummus is really good with pita chips, but I also like to enjoy it with carrots, cucumbers, zucchini, and red peppers!  
Greek Olive Hummus
Makes 1 1/2 cups

1 (15oz) can chickpeas
1/2 cup kalamata greek olives
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt

Drain your chickpeas and put them in a bowl.  Add olive oil, garlic, salt, cumin, and lemon juice.
Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours (longer is fine too).
Put mixture in a food processor and add olives.  Mix until blended and fine.  Add a little additional oil if the hummus is too thick.

Pita Chips

2 whole grain pita circles
Olive oil
Garlic salt

Preheat oven to 350.  Cut pita break in half and pull pockets open.
Cut the pieces into triangles.
Lightly brush olive oil on the triangles and sprinkle with garlic salt.
Bake for 20 minutes.





1 comment:

Image Map