no flour peanut butter cookies

Cookie, cookie, cookie, cookie.
Yeah I said it, and I ate it.
Because I could!
Last year, David and I went to a party where brownies and vanilla ice cream were served after dinner.  After tasting the ice cream, David looked at me and said, "I forgot what real ice cream tasted like!"  I felt bad for him.  Often times, because I try to have such a specific diet, he ends up eating like me as well.  Which he doesn't mind... most of the time.  I only use Splenda when cooking with sugar and I only buy "sugary" things made with Splenda.
Let's just say, I'm a fan.

I took a common recipe for peanut butter cookies and used Splenda instead.  There are only FOUR ingredients and none of them are flour!! Woohoo!  I made half plain and the other half with roasted no salt peanuts.  They were delicious and easy!

Peanut Butter Cookies (No Flour)
Makes 12

1 cup JIF Reduced Fat Peanut Butter
1 cup Splenda
1 egg
1/4 tsp Vanilla

Preheat to 325.
Mix all ingredients together.  If your ingredients seem to be dry when mixed together, you can add 1 egg white.  If you add too much Splenda, add some additional peanut butter and it will balance the flavors for you.
Bake for 12-14 minutes until outer edges are a shade darker than the rest of the cookie.

I enjoyed these with a glass of almond milk while working on some back-to-school projects.








Hazel helped too, but no cookies for her!

No comments:

Image Map