thankful thursday

Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope you are having a wonderful holiday!  We definitely are!  The dogs are playing, and we are relaxing.  They are sweet together.  Hazel loves her cousin-dog!
What I've really come to talk to you about today is food.  Holidays are the hardest when you are trying to stay healthy.  However, it is doable!  I remember growing up.  We would go to my gramma's house, and there would be a giant spread of sweets.  They weren't there just after dinner, they were there all day/night long!  And they were delicious!  I knew this year, beyond having some sides that would be healthy, I wanted to make a dessert that I could safely indulge in.
I mentioned to my dad that I saw a crustless pumpkin pie on Instagram that looked good.  He did a little research and found me the perfect recipe, for mini crustless pumpkin pies!  They turned out wonderfully!  They are gluten-free, flour-free, and packed with protein.  The perfect treat!
I did not vary from Taralynn's recipe at all, here it is! 
Mini Crustless Pumpkin Pies

For pies:
1 (15oz) can of pumpkin puree 
1 egg white
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
1 tsp baking soda
1tbsp baking powder
1/4 cup ground flaxseed

For frosting:
10 tbsp vanilla greek yogurt
1 tsp honey
1 tsp cinnamon
Preheat to 350.  Mix pumpkin puree and egg white together.  Next, add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well.

Fill muffin cups in pan a little over half way each.
Bake 20-24 minutes.

While they are baking, mix together the frosting ingredients.  Refrigerate until use.

And that's it!  Enjoy!



No comments:

Image Map