spinach-cauliflower pizza crust

When David and I starting dating I was convinced he wouldn't like dating me. I didn't like going to the same kind of restaurants he did. David has a much greater appreciation for food than me.  In that time of my life my food groups consisted of chicken nuggets/tenders, mac and cheese, and Lean Cuisines.  Obviously, I was really sophisticated.  Since we've been together, he has convinced me to broadened my horizons.  I have even tried fish and liked it!  

That's why I think he's shocked when I tell him what's for dinner sometimes.  I think he's wondering what happened to his chicken nugget eater.  After we ate spaghetti the other night, I had plenty of leftover marinara.  I thought it would taste so good on pizza.  Once I thought about pizza, I had to have it.  I had seen a very popular pin on Pinterest for mini cauliflower pizzas.  Of course, it called for bread crumbs.  So I decided to get inventive.  And I came up with spinach-cauliflower mini pizzas.
I was facetiming with a friend when my test crust came out.  I showed it to her, and even I was skeptical.  I mean, it didn't really look like typical pizza crust.  But when I tasted it, the flavor and consistency was perfect for pizza!
So without further ado...

Spinach-Cauliflower Mini Pizzas

1 bag frozen cauliflower
1 package frozen chopped spinach
1/2 ground flax seed meal
1 tbsp and 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
1/4 cup skim milk mozzarella 
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 egg and 1 egg white

Toppings
Marinara
Pesto
Chicken
Turkey pepperoni
Tomato
Basil

Roast cauliflower at 350 for 20-25 minutes, and cook spinach.  Once the spinach is cooked, press the excess water out and set aside.
After the cauliflower is roasted, turn the oven up to 425. In a large bowl, rice the cauliflower and mix in the spinach.  Coat mixture in beaten eggs and then add the rest of the ingredients evenly.  Using either a slipmat or parchment paper, make small balls out of the mixture and flatten them out. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until edges are browned.
Once your crusts have cooked, add your toppings and broil them for about five minutes!  
We tried pesto pizzas with tomato, mozzarella, basil, and chicken.  And also, traditional pepperoni pizzas with marinara and mozzarella!








No comments:

Image Map