yummy in my tummy

WOW.  It's the only word I have.  WOW.  I just really outdid myself in the kitchen.  While it was an easy enough recipe, it turned out amazing!!
Tonight, I made Mediterranean Spaghetti Squash.  And it was... WOW.


So here is what I did...

I cut the spaghetti squash in half, turned in face down in water.  Next, I put it in the microwave for 12 minutes.  When it came out, the insides fell apart.  Perfection.

While I was waiting for the spaghetti squash to steam, I put some oil, a few diced onions, minced garlic, tomatoes, green olives, salt, pepper, and basil.  I heated it up until it was simmering.

Once I peeled the insides out of the squash, I scooped the ingredients in the skillet into a bowl (leaving the oil behind) and mixed it together.  Once everything was spread even, I mixed in crumbled feta cheese.  To give it a good Greek taste.

This dish is amazing.  I even called my mama to brag about what a good job I did!  I'm so proud! Haha  It turned out so well!  The great thing about spaghetti squash is that you don't have to eat much at all to get full!  This is a recipe the fiance would LOVE if I diced up some quick chicken to go on top!

I have loved experimenting with spaghetti squash recently.  If you have any good recipes I should try, let me know!  Hope you are having a terrific Tuesday!

No comments:

Image Map