Stuffed Peppers!

I have been eying stuffed peppers on Pinterest for awhile now. And after repeatedly being told that a crock pot is a teacher's best friend, I decided to give them a try!

I spent my Saturday doing laundry, writing lesson plans, and getting ready for the first day of school. I was so busy and seriously all over the place. So I popped those peppers in the crock pot for the day.

They were amazing! David and I are in love! They were nothing I expected, and so good!!!

Let me tell you what I did! First, I put some ground turkey in a bowl. Then I added tons of seasonings, which included:

-Onion Powder
-Oregano
-Salt
-Minced garlic
-Seasoned salt
-Garlic salt

I tossed them all together. While doing this, I was boiling some rice. Once the rice had boiled, I added a cup of cooked brown rice to the meat and tossed it all together!

Lastly, I added about a 1/2 cup of marinara sauce to the meat mixture. My sauce had chunks of tomato and basil in it, adding a good texture to the meat!

I cut the tops off my peppers (I used two green and two red) and cleaned them out. I stuffed them with the meat mixture. I even put some of the leftover mixture on two of the tops.

I put them close together in the crock pot and cooked on high the first 2 hours, then low for 4 more hours. However, I read that low for 8 hours works too.

For the last 2 minutes I threw some mozzarella cheese on them and it was perfect!

I thought David would demolish at least two of these, but one was plenty!  I could hardly eat a whole one!  So now we have leftovers :)

Seriously, these peppers are so good! I would recommend them to anyone!

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Image Map