Insta-Tuesday

For Insta-Tuesday, I will catch up on my life through Instagram pictures!
Since last week, I have been busy, busy, busy!  I am SO happy we had a three day weekend!  I think it's finally helped me get over the hill with this cold I've had!  I always catch something from one of my kiddos in the first couple weeks!  So happy that's over with!

First, I watched a lot of the Republican National Convention.  If I haven't mentioned it, I teach Government.  And I love politics.  I started keeping a journal of government quotes.  I write one down every day.  Liberal, conservative, general observations... all of it.  My goal is that next semester, I would have enough to have a Quote of the Day, everyday.
My volleyball team was undefeated (and even won a tournament) until last week.  We lost one game Thursday night.  Losing makes you stronger though, right? 
And where else would I spend a Saturday in Athens when there is a home game?  That's right, I was there to see Gurly run those amazing touchdowns!  And I have the sunburn to prove it! GO DAWGS!
After the game, the hubs and I went to dinner with my parents.  Then spent our "date night" at this movie.  I highly HIGHLY recommend it, whatever your beliefs are.  I would also highly recommend reading President Obama's book, Dreams From My Father.  I cannot stress enough that Americans need to understand foreign and economic policy much better.
And now that I'm off my soap box, I made the carrot chips!  They were really yummy and SO easy!  David and I chowed down on them.  Perfect snack!
We also spent part of this weekend celebrating the marriage of David's cousins!  We had so much fun!  I haven't uploaded my pictures yet, but I did capture her precious favors on Instagram!  Missy made the cutest monogrammed mason jars for us to drink out of at the wedding and take home!  What a GREAT idea!
I hope your Labor Day weekend was as relaxing and fun as mine!  I can smell the amazing supper my husband has been working on in the kitchen now!  It pays to marry a chef :)


1 comment:

  1. Government, what a neat class to teach! I love that quote. Like shakes me to my core kind of love. I really want to go see that movie, I keep hearing how incredibly well done it was. Carrot chips look delish! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Image Map