skinny taco soup

I went home with Hazel for my 4 day weekend to give the hubs some serious study space, visit my parents and visit the doctor.  Full weekend some might say!
We (me and Hazel) jammed to my 90s playlist on Spotify on the way.
No lie... she loves it.
I got the chance to see my whole family, including two of my precious cousins.
Hazel enjoyed everyone's company (maybe too much!)  She was tuckered out when we got home! We celebrated my sister being halfway done with medical school at the Marietta Diner with my Grandma!
I had chicken souvlaki and a salad.  My sister got a piece of California Cake (partially cake and partially cheesecake...yum!)
When I got back I was on a mission.  I wanted to get all of our dinners prepared for the week.
I whipped up some Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken for tomorrow.  But for tonight, we are having Skinny Taco Soup!
I'm always trying to think of hearty and healthy meals for my hubby to take to school for lunch.  It's even better if its a one dish/grab-and-go situation for him!

So here you have it! Coming in at less than 300 calories a serving!
Ingredients:

1 to 1 1/2 lb lean ground turkey
2 cans Bush's black beans
1 can Bush's dark kidney beans drained
1 can Bush's pinto beans drained
1 cans fire-roasted Hunt's diced tomatoes
1 can Campbell's tomato soup
1 medium sized can (or two small cans) of sliced black olives drained
1 small can diced green chiles drained
1 packets Old El Paso Mild Taco Seasoning
(Optional: 1 can of drained corn)
Directions:
Brown the meat and drain grease.
Dump everything into a soup pot.
Bring to boil for a few minutes.  Then simmer for 20 minutes.
ENJOY and Happy Monday!

No comments:

Image Map