zoodles with turkey meatballs

Today, I gave a test to my government classes.  I always like to throw some humorous answers on one question--just to make them smile a little during such a stressful time.  Normally, answer choices include things such as "Mr. Feeny" or "Dove's silky hair."  But I got really creative with todays test.  I thought it would be hilarious to have all the answer choices be Georges.  Now, the only answer we have even discussed in this unit is George Washington.  I thought it would be a dead giveaway and possibly make someone giggle.  But no, students actually missed it!  Here is a look at test question.  I mean seriously, what kind of teacher uses both Bushs as choices if the answer is actually one of them!
 Spaghetti is what's for dinner! HA, I WISH!  Zoodles have really become a staple in our house now.  We love them!  I've mentioned this before, but they are so filling!  I found a recipe for turkey meatballs in Health magazine.  It called for Triscuits or breadcrumbs, so I had to make some adjustments.  The hubby thought it was wonderful, and it really was!
 I had a coupon for Newman's Own spaghetti sauce.  We picked out the Sockarooni Pasta flavor on Sunday.  It really added something special to the dish!  I was really impressed!
 Zoodles with Turkey Meatballs
Makes 30

1 lb of ground turkey
1 jar of Newman's Own Sockarooni Pasta Sauce
1/2 tsp pepper + 1/8 tsp pepper
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 large zucchini, grated
3 large zucchini spiraled
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1 egg
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt
Preheat oven to 350.
In a bowl, mix ground turkey, 1/2 tsp pepper, garlic, egg, grated zucchini, and parmesan cheese.  Cover baking sheet in tin foil and spray with Pam.  Roll turkey mixture into 1/2 inch balls.  Place on baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.

While the meatballs are baking, spiral your zucchini.  Throw zucchini, olive oil, salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper into a skillet.  Heat it up for about 5-7 minutes.  Drain water.

While your zucchini is cooking, put the pasta sauce on to warm up.
Then serve it up!

I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!  And as always, let me know what you think!


No comments:

Image Map