almond crusted chicken

I can't believe it's been a month since I last posted!  In the last month, tennis season started up, and I got a stomach bug.  It's been very eventful but has also kept me from branching out in the kitchen.  We've been eating lots of rotisserie chickens and frozen veggies lately.  We were both so busy last week, neither of us felt like going out for our standing Friday night date.  So I decided to cook something new!
Whenever we visit my parents, we usually eat at West Cobb Diner.  It popped up after I left high school, but it has become a staple in Kennesaw.  My favorite thing on the menu is Pecan Crusted Porkchops with blueberry chutney.  I always try to get someone at the table to split it with me.  It really got me thinking about using ground nuts as a coating in my cooking.  And as I've mentioned before, my first love is chicken fingers.  So it got me thinking that there had to be a way to combine these two things!
I googled many recipes and eventually pieced together my own.  It turned out to be amazing.  This recipe is 100% EASY!

Almond Crusted Chicken Tenders
Serves 4

2 lb chicken tenders
1 egg white, beaten
1 1/2 cup almonds, crushed/ground
1/2 flax meal
2 tbsp Parmesan, grated (more or less optional)
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Preheat your oven at 350.  In a small bowl, beat the egg white.  In another bowl, mix all dry ingredients well.  Take chicken tenders, lightly brush in beaten egg and coat in dry mixture well.  Place them in a glass baking dish, covered in alumnium and sprayed with Pam.

Bake for 40 minutes and enjoy!

No comments:

Image Map