i'm back with black bean hummus!

It's been awhile, but I'm back!  Over the last few months, I've been a little overwhelmed.  However, I can officially say that I'm leaving the high school I've been at for the last three years.  It is definitely bittersweet, but I'm moving onto middle school--eighth grade to be exact!
 
David graduated law school in May.  He was the student speaker at graduation, and did an amazing job!  In other exciting news, David and I are moving to Atlanta towards the end of the summer!  So many big changes, but we are very excited!
As you can see, we have had a lot going on!
With so much going on lately, we've been sticking to the regular rotation of our staple dinners and snacks.  But now that summer is here, I have a little bit more free time to work in the kitchen!  Recently, I had some Eat Well Embrace Life Sweet and Spicy Black Bean Hummus.  I loved it! 
So I set out to make my own version.  I love homemade hummus so much more than store bought.  It turned out to be great!  Typically, hummus recipes call for tahini (roasted sesame seed paste).  I am not a fan of the taste, so I leave it out, and I don't miss it!
Black Bean Hummus
1 (15oz) can black beans, drained
1 (15oz) can chickpeas, drained
2 cloves minced garlic
1 lime, squeezed
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Optional: Add a diced jalapeno.

Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and puree.
Slowly add additional chili powder for more heat if desired.

ENJOY :)



1 comment:

Image Map