baked garlic parmesan wings

About once every other week, David and I get a box of baked wings from Publix.  We are partial to the mardi gras flavor, but settle for lemon pepper when they are low on our favorite.  Every time I want to order wings, I ask if they are breaded.  You would not believe how often wings are breaded, and you don't realize it.
 I told David that I was going to make my own wings, but I would need his help.  I was unsure of what kind of chicken legs to buy and how to cut them up.  He guided me through the grocery store and taught me how to butcher them at home.
 Then he went back to studying for the bar.  When he opened the door of his office, I could tell he was impressed with my mission to bake my own wings.  It smelled amazing in our home.  And these wings are delicious.  They are so good, I almost immediately made another batch of them to ensure we would have leftovers.  Seriously, these are amazing!
 Baked Garlic Parmesan Wings

2 1/2 lbs of chicken wings
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp kosher salt
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp seasoning salt

Preheat your oven to 425F.  Mix oregano, rosemary, cumin, and salt in a bowl.  Toss your chicken wings in the seasoning bowl, then place on a greased baking sheet.  Bake the wings for 25 minutes.  Then turn your oven to broil for about 5 minutes.  Flip the wings and allow them to continue to broil for 5 more minutes.  Until both sides are crispy.

While the wings are baking, mix the remaining ingredients together.  When the wings finished, toss them in the remaining mixture and serve hot.
 I know you will love these as much as we did!  There is no reason to go back to Publix for wings anymore when I can bake some at home that are better!  I also served this salad with them.
Let me know what you think!



No comments:

Image Map